I've always preferred eating ice cream out of a bowl, and not just at home. I like the little spoons at ice cream shops, how they enable me to dig in and get a few flavors in one mouthful. I like not worrying about catching all the drips. But I'll admit: it is a little bit of a letdown when I get to the bottom of my non-edible bowl and my companion (say, my husband) is just starting to crunch into his cone, getting ever closer to what we both know will be that last taste of melted ice cream puddled in the bottom tip. Oh, sweet, sweet ending. So, in my effort to stave off any more anti-climactic ice cream experiences, I went looking for the best of both worlds: edible ice cream bowls!
Chocolate chip cookies and brownies seem to be the most popular edible ice cream bowls, but I really loved the fruit bowls I came across, like coconut and cantaloupe. How perfect for sorbet!
• 1 Chocolate Bowls, via Bakerella
• 2 The Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl Sunday, via Michael Ruhlman
• 3 Island Ice Cream, via Old Brand New
• 4 Crème Fraîche Ice Cream in Almond Butterscotch Cookie Cups, via Alexandra's Kitchen
• 5 Fortune Cookie Ice Cream Bowls, via Gluesticks
• 6 Brownie Cookie Sundae Bowls, via Half Baked
• 7 Coconut Ice Cream in Edible Bowls with Tropical Salsa, via The Mother Huddle
• 8 Cucumber Melon Sorbet, via Lobese
• 9 Waffle Bowls, via La Mia Vita Dolce
Have you ever made an edible ice cream bowl?
Related: Look! Made Edible Bowls in a Muffin Tin
(Images: as linked)