We've asked you about your office kitchen setups
, but now we want to break into your personal stash – your snack drawer.
We're opening up our drawer for all to see, so now we want to know: what's in yours? Thinking about office snacks, I was reminded of an episode of Dollhouse, a science fiction TV series on Fox. Under circumstances far too complicated to explain here, a scientist admits to his usually uptight boss that he has a "drawer of inappropriate starches." They proceed to gorge themselves on Cheetos, Doritos and the like until they're nearly falling asleep on the floor.
That scene has stuck with me because that's exactly what would happen to me if I kept such things in my desk drawer. It would not be pretty.
So instead, I keep a lot of tea on hand (good for curbing snacking!) and a few little snacks that I'm not inclined to overeat.
Here's a rundown of what's in my snack drawer:
- 4 boxes of tea: ginger, yerba mate, super antioxidant green tea and mango black tea, plus 1 box of random leftover bags.
- 1 bag of Ginger Chews
- 1 orange
- 1 salt shaker
- 1 Trader Joe's black pepper grinder
- 1 tiny bottle of olive oil, a farmers' market giveaway
- 1 half-eaten bag of wasabi peas
- 1 half-empty bag of honey citrus cough drops
- 1 set of silverware
- 1 set of chopsticks
- Napkins (extras from a recent takeout lunch)
- 1 small bowl
So how about you? Do you lean toward healthy snacks? Inappropriate starches? (It's OK, you can tell us.) Are you someone who can keep a batch of cookies in your desk and eat just one a day? Tell us all about it in the comments.
Related: Brown Bag Thursday: What's In Your Desk?
(Image: Joanna Miller)