In Yes, This is Made of Celery, Mark Bittman explores the rising popularity of vegetable desserts and offers a few easy recipes at the end to get you started at home. But the point of all of this is the inclination to explore what you have in your pantry already and how you can use what you find in new ways. To break out of a chocolate dessert rut or whatever fruit you've been snagging at the farmer's market and create something unexpected. So here we have a few ideas to potentially inspire you. In the meantime, we'd love to hear about any of your favorite dessert recipes that rely on vegetables in an interesting way.
• Sweet Potato Brownies - Food Loves Writing
• Pumpkin Ginger Rice Pudding - Epicurious
• Pinto Bean Pie - Homesick Texan
• Triple Layer Cauliflower and Raspberry Mini Cheesecakes - Eat a Beet
• Thomas Keller's Red Beet Ice Cream - White on Rice Couple
(Images: Kathryn Hill; Faith Durand)