Fall dinners in my house are all about soups and simple casseroles. While my extended family is infamous for heavier casseroles with lots of cream, cheese, and pasta, I try to incorporate good greens, fresh herbs, and vegetables whenever I can. With pumpkins and squashes in season right this second, now is the time to experiment with different greens, grains, and vegetables for your next evening meal.
Try a Recipe:
• Collard Cobbler with Cornmeal Biscuits - The Yellow House
• Baked Polenta with Cheese and Swiss Chard - Washington Post
• Butternut Squash and Creamed Spinach Casserole - Sauce and Sensibility
• Hearty White Bean and Kale Casserole - Bistro Katie
• Mustard Green Gratin - Everything is Homemade
(Image: Sarah of Yellow House)