1/4 cup sweet white wine
1/2 cup sugar
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup heavy whipping cream (or double cream, if available)
In a small bowl, combine the wine, sugar, lemon juice, and zest and stir to dissolve.
In a large, chilled bowl, start beating the cream with a hand whisk or an electric mixer. Gradually add the wine mixture, whisking constantly, until the cream is fluffy with soft peaks.
Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
• Spoon over strawberries, blueberries, or any other seasonal berries
• Spoon over peaches and garnish with crushed amaretti
• Serve over rhubarb compote or roasted rhubarb
• Layer with berries and cake in a trifle
• Serve in a glass layered with lemon curd
• Garnish with candied lemon peels and serve with cookies on the side
(Image: Emily Ho)