We always seem to have at least one can of coconut milk stashed away in the pantry. When we get tired of our normal run of standby meals, it's just the thing to get things interesting again. Here are five of our favorite recipes, all using one can of coconut milk.
1. Chicken in Coconut Milk - A Southeast Asian twist on our favorite chicken in milk dish, this one is spiced with the flavors of lemon grass, cilantro, and star anise.
2. Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew - Tender potatoes, nutty chickpeas, a good dose of leafy greens - what more could you want in a healthy cold-weather stew?!
3. Slow-Cooker Coconut and Green Curry Pork - Another good one from the slow-cooker!
4. Coconut Milk Bread Pudding - This is a great dish for a brunch crowd or as a special treat for overnight guests.
5. Thai Mango and Coconut Sticky Rice - We fully admit to eating the leftovers of this dish for breakfast the next morning.
What are your favorite dishes with coconut milk?
Related: What's the Difference? Coconut Milk vs. Cream
(Images: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan and Emily Ho)