We always seem to have at least one can of coconut milk stashed away in the pantry. When we get tired of our normal run of standby meals
, it's just the thing to get things interesting again. Here are five of our favorite recipes, all using one can of coconut milk.1. Chicken in Coconut Milk
- A Southeast Asian twist on our favorite chicken in milk
dish, this one is spiced with the flavors of lemon grass, cilantro, and star anise.
2. Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew - Tender potatoes, nutty chickpeas, a good dose of leafy greens - what more could you want in a healthy cold-weather stew?!
3. Slow-Cooker Coconut and Green Curry Pork - Another good one from the slow-cooker!
4. Coconut Milk Bread Pudding - This is a great dish for a brunch crowd or as a special treat for overnight guests.
5. Thai Mango and Coconut Sticky Rice - We fully admit to eating the leftovers of this dish for breakfast the next morning.
What are your favorite dishes with coconut milk?
Related: What's the Difference? Coconut Milk vs. Cream
(Images: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan and Emily Ho)