The potato is a stalwart cooking companion. A single spud can be a meal for one or it can stretch a soup to feed unexpected guests. I make sure to have a few in the pantry at all times and use them for easy no-brainer dinners when my other meal plans go awry.
1. Roasted Potato Tacos with Creamy Dressing - Gussy these up with avocado, roasted red peppers, and a sprinkle of cheese for a full meal.
2. Potato, Red Pepper, and Feta Frittata - I make this one almost every week and keep it interesting with other veggies and different kinds of cheese.
3. Baked Potato Soup with Onion, Bacon, and Cheddar - So rich and so satisfying on a cool night.
4. Potato and Cauliflower Curry - A short-cut curry that can be made any night of the week.
5. Grilled Potato, Gorgonzola, and Prosciutto Pizza - This combination of flavors never grows old.
What are your stand-by meals to make with a few potatoes?
Related: How to Pick a Potato: Home Hacks
(Images: Taylor and Emma Christensen)