Chickpeas are one of our favorite pantry staples. With a can or two in our cupboard, we know that at least we’ll have something to work with come dinner time. Here are five of our favorite chickpea recipes for easy and satisfying mid-week meals.
1. Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew - Full of tender vegetables and rich with coconut milk, this stew is one of our favorite meat-less winter dishes.
2. Baked Falafel with Pita - We’re always so surprised at how quickly this recipe comes together. We sometimes make a double-batch and eat it several times during the week.
3. Chana Masala - This simple Indian dish is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet. It’s just right after a long day at work.
4. Chickpea and Chorizo Soup - Rich, hearty, and good. Need we say more?
5. Chickpea of the Sea Sandwich - We love this vegetarian version of a classic tuna fish sandwich on nights when we’re exhausted and just need food quick.
What are your favorite recipes with chickpeas?
Related: Dinner Quick: 10 Flavorful Couscous Recipes
(Images: See individual posts)