A can of black beans pulled from the very back of the cupboard has saved dinner more times than we can count. With these beans as our base, we know we can find enough other ingredients in refrigerator drawers and on pantry shelves to pull together a whole meal.
1. Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup - The spices are key to making this basic soup outstanding.
2. Southwestern Pizza with Black Beans and Corn - The beans are mashed with spices to make a creamy pizza topping.
3. Black Bean Breakfast Burritos - Have breakfast for dinner, or ditch the egg for traditional black bean burritos.
4. Slow Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas - Make these when you have a little more time before dinner.
5. Avocado-Lime Black Beans - A super easy and surprisingly satisfying meal with a few pieces of toast.
What are your favorite meals made with black beans?
Related: 5 Ways to Make a Weeknight Meal Out of 1 Single Vegetable
(Images: Faith Durand and Emma Christensen)