1. Edamame Pesto - Whiz the edamame with a little olive oil and some fresh herbs and greens for a quick and tasty sauce for pasta or steamed vegetables. Some cooking water leftover from making pasta can help make the sauce thinner and creamier.
2. Edamame Veggie Burgers - Try mashing edamame beans with things like mushrooms, brown rice, cilantro, and tomato paste. A steamed potato does wonders for binding it all together.
3. Edamame Dumplings - Mixed with scallions, ginger, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, edamame makes a great filling for steamed dumplings. We like it just lightly mashed so we still get some nice texture from the edamame.
4. Edamame Soup - For a quick and creamy soup, sauté your favorite veggies and seasonings, add the edamame and some stock, and then purée in a food processor.
5. Edamame Spread for Sandwiches - This is similar to edamame pesto, but we'd leave the edamame more chunky and paste-like so that we can slather it on a piece of bread. Pile with fresh veggies for a great sandwich or wrap.
What are your favorite ways to cook with edamame?