Ok, so cauliflower is really more of a fridge item than a pantry item. But the fact that a head of cauliflower will keep just fine in the crisper drawer for quite some time and be turned into a full meal at a moment's notice makes it a pantry staple in my book. Here are five easy recipes to fall back on.
I love how cauliflower takes on whatever flavors it's cooked with. This makes cauliflower equally at home in an Indian curry or an herb-flecked casserole. Even chopped up raw in a salad, it's crunchy texture and mild flavor is a compliment to all the other ingredients.
• Cauliflower and Chicken Sausage Casserole
• Edamame and Cauliflower Pasta Salad with Feta
• Potato and Cauliflower Curry
• Cauliflower, Fennel, and White Bean Winter Salad
• Farfalle with Cauliflower and Toasted Breadcrumbs
What are your favorite dishes with cauliflower?
Related: Slice it Thick: A New Way to Cook Cauliflower
(Images: Faith Durand, Emma Christensen, and Elizabeth Passarella)