Buried deep in your freezer or perhaps in a jar in your pantry, I'm betting you have some artichoke hearts stashed away. If not, you should! These artichoke hearts are the start of many delicious, easy meals that we can toss together just about any night of the week. Here are five favorites to try this week.Personally, I am a big fan of frozen artichoke hearts. I find that these usually have a fresher flavor and a more firm texture when cooked up in a hot dish.
Another good option are cans or jars of marinated artichoke hearts. These have the advantage of being pre-cooked. You can throw them right into a salad or sandwich without needing to thaw or cook anything.
Frozen and jarred artichokes can be used interchangeably in all these recipes - or if you're feeling adventurous, try preparing fresh artichokes!
• Artichoke Heart, Kale, and Ricotta Pie
• Quick and Tangy Barigoule
• Baked Chicken with Artichokes, Cinnamon, and Preserved Lemons
• Big Hearted Macaroni & Cheese with Artichokes
• Greek Chicken Pasta with Olives, Feta, and Artichokes
What are your favorite weeknight dinners with artichokes?