We also love the black matte finish on these tablecloths. It would look elegant and refined by candlelight, and no one would have to worry about spilling!
We could write the name of each dish on a buffet tables (so we stop getting asked a million times), add people's names next to where we want them to sit, write special messages around the table to match the theme of the evening, keep everything labeled at a cheese or wine tasting, or a million other simple ideas.
Here are a few sources we found:
• Chalkboard Oilcloth Tablecloth, $24.94 from Linengirl on Etsy - The original tablecloth that caught our eye!
• Chalkboard Placemats, $12.00 from ChristinaChristina on Etsy - A smaller version are great for individual place settings or for a special display in the middle of the table.
• Liquid Chalk Markers, $36.00 from Amazon.com - These write more clearly than chalk and won't smudge as easily, and they can still be wiped clean
• Bulk Chalkboard Oilcloth, $152 from Vogue Fabrics - This buys 18 yards of oil cloth fabric, which is plenty for you and a few friends to custom make your own table linens.
• How to Make a Chalkboard Tablecloth from Martha Stewart - Or you can make one yourself with a little chalkboard paint and some canvas!
• Make a Chalkboard Table from DesignSponge - We also spotted this Craig's List table make-over on DesignSponge. The owners bypassed the tablecloth and painted the whole table with chalkboard paint! They have some cute ideas for dinner party decorations, too.
What would you do with a chalkboard tablecloth?