Are you hosting a brunch any time soon? The day after Thanksgiving, perhaps? Well, go easy on yourself with this beautiful yet dead-easy yogurt parfait. We think this is a such clever, impressive idea. It's so easy! All you need is a big glass bowl or trifle dish, as is shown here. Then layer yogurt, granola, and fruit. It is probably best to do this shortly before breakfast, so that the granola doesn't get soft. But it would only take a few minutes, so no big deal.
We've seen plenty of yogurt parfaits, of course, but only in individual portions. We never thought of putting it together like a classic trifle — very pretty, and also relatively healthy. This could be a light, refreshing brunch the day after a heavy holiday meal.
• Read more: Yogurt Parfait with Granola, Raspberries, and Candied Ginger
Here are a few good recipes from The Kitchn to help make up your own yogurt parfait.
Good recipes for a homemade yogurt parfait:
• How to Make Yogurt at Home
• Lemon and Honey Fruit Salad
• Peanut Butter and Honey Granola
• Dangerously Addictive Olive Oil Granola
• Dried Fruit Warmed With Red Wine and Spices
• Prunes Stewed in Port Wine
Are you hosting any brunches over the holidays? What are you making?
Related: Make Your Own Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
(Image: Martha Stewart)