A mouthful of pie-filling sandwiched between two flaky rounds of crust — there's nothing about this situation that I do not like. In Easy as Pie Pops, Andrea Smetona shows us exactly how these two-bite wonders can be ours.
• Who wrote it: Andrea Smetona
• Who published it: Page Street Publishing Co.
• The Angle: Tiny pie! On a stick!
• Recipes for right now: D'Anjou Pear Pie Pops, Old-Fashioned Apple Pie Pops, Pink Lemon Meringue Pie Pops, Crème Brùlée Pie Pops, Boston Cream Pie Pops, Coconut Cream Pie Pops, Pizza Pocket Pie Pops, Lemon Poppyseed Cake Pops, Lavender-Honey Cake Pops
• Major Takeaways:
As someone who has tried to adapt traditional pie recipes to pop tart and pie pop form, I can safely say that the #1 service that this book provides is telling us exactly how much filling and how much pie crust to prepare for each recipe. That sounds like a boring detail, but trust me, when you find yourself elbow deep in flour and jammy fillings, you will be so incredibly grateful.
Aside from technical details about securing lollipop sticks to our pops and creating adorable peek-a-boo windows in our crusts, this book provides enough tempting, eye-popping ideas for pie pops to keep an industrious baker happy through many potlucks, office parties, birthdays, and wedding showers. Some are riffs on traditional pies while others are entirely Smetona's own invention (Strawberry Limeade Pie Pops? Nutella S'more Pie Pops? Yes, please!). She also includes some recipes for cake pops and tiny tea cakes.
• Who would enjoy this book? People who love tiny desserts, caterers, crafty bakers, folks who consider themselves the go-to party thrower among their friends
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Easy as Pie Pops by Andrea Smetona
• Visit the author's website: Andrea Smetona
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.