• Paula Deen's Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes - A very promising name.
• The Nasty Bits: Duck Tongue - Bet you can't eat just one.
• Braised Lentils with Winter Greens and a Fried Egg - Healthy, tasty, filling, and warm.
• The Crisper Whisperer: Apple-Pear Sauce - A crowd-pleasing applesauce, made from the lunchbox rejects of soft apples and overripe pears.
• Eat for Eight Bucks: Simple Fennel Sausage with Lentil Salad - More lentils! They are really wonderful comfort food this time of year.
Previous Good Eats: Pumpkin Olive Oil Bread and Apple Cider Muffins
(Image Robyn Lee/Serious Eats)