Field & Stream is a great resource for wild game recipes. These ones looked particularly intriguing:
1. Venison Pumpkin Curry - A riff on spicy Jamaican jerk stew!
2. Root Beer Glazed Duck Breast - The breasts are simply sautéed and then glazed with a reduced root beer sauce.
3. Venison Pastrami - Care to try your hand at some cured meat?!
4. Braised Rabbit - This looks like a great basic recipe for our first time cooking rabbit.
5. Wild Turkey Pot Pie - Classic and comforting.
6. Salmi of Wild Duck - Not to be confused with cured salami, this is actually a rich hunter's stew usually served over toast
7. Buttermilk Poached Trout with Bacon-Spiked Greens - This rich and buttery fish makes a surprisingly hearty meal.
• Visit The Site: Field & Stream: The World's Leading Outdoor Website
Do you have a favorite way to cook wild game?
(Images: Travis Rathbone/Field & Stream)