On hot summer days, we often don't feel like cooking or even eating. In fact, we have a bad habit of forgoing lunch or dinner altogether, but this year we've resolved to change that by keeping the juicer, blender, and a bushel of fresh summer produce close at hand. We don't necessarily advocate drinking your fruits and vegetables in place of a well-rounded meal (or even a salad) but let's face it, sometimes it's just too hot to eat, cook or think
Here are a few refreshing combinations that incorporate seasonal produce. What are your favorites?
cucumber + watermelon + basil
• Recipe: Cucumber Watermelon Juice at Eating Clean Recipes
broccoli + peach + apple
• Recipe: Sweet Summer Juice at Reboot Your Life
kale + apple + honeydew melon
• Recipe: Ultra Green Juice at Whole Living
spinach + zucchini + ginger
• Recipe: Summer Green Juice at Reboot Your Life
tomato + celery + onion
• Recipe: Homemade Tomato Juice at Simply Recipes
Related: Fruit & Vegetable Juicers: Should You Buy One?
(Image: Eating Clean Recipes)