In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Duff beer is apparently doing quite well in Latin America. But is it licensed for distribution in the United States? Plus, China cracks down with the death penalty for food safety violators.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• E.coli outbreak in Europe kills at least 11 - LA Times/AP
• China: Food safety violators to face death penalty - CNN
• Drought in Europe hurts harvests, food prices - Washington Post
• Red and Processed Meats Linked With Colon Cancer Risk - TIME
• Goodbye Food Pyramid, Hello Dinner Plate - NY Times
• Naomi Campbell in race row with Cadbury - Independent UK
• Dukan Diet divides French docs over health benefit - Guardian UK
• New breed of athletes seeks edge with food, not drugs - AZ Republic
• Farm Camps: Would You Pay to Shovel Crap? - TIME
• D'oh! Homer Simpson's favorite brew comes to life - Miami Herald
• Read more of today's food news and blogs at Food News Journal or subscribe to their daily email.
(Image: Food News Journal)