But even if you're not a total geek over perfect espresso and use a less expensive or more user-friendly method of pulling a shot, you may still prefer homemade espresso to shots from the corner coffee shop, and also over just home brewed coffee.
If you make espresso at home, how do you make it? Do you have any good tips for making a high-quality shot of espresso at home?
More on espresso and espresso drinks:
• Good Question: How to Make the Perfect Cafe au Lait?
• Nomadic Espresso: The Handpresso
• Video: The Handpresso in Action
• Kitchen Souvenir: Low-Tech Double Espresso Maker
• Good Question: How's the Illy Espresso Delivery Program?
• Coffee Talk: Café au Lait, Cappuccino, Latté, Machiatto
• Breville's Die Cast Espresso Machine
• Good Question: Help Me Replace My Espresso Machine!
• BibiCaffè: Sweet and Fizzy Italian Espresso
(Image: Faith Durand)