I'm preparing to bring fancy cookies to an engagement party later this week and, while trying to figure out my schedule, it dawned on me: I could just make the dough today and freeze it! Somehow my busy life and, more significantly, my last-minute nature, means I hardly ever think to make dessert in advance. Do you?
• Cookies - Freeze the dough in a log or in individual portions and bake according to the recipe: Mini Molasses Cookies with Lemon Filling
• Crème Brûlée - Freeze the custard and pick up the recipe where you left off once it has thawed: Crème Brûlée
• No Bake Desserts - The ultimate in time saving, just pull it out of the freezer and serve: No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
• Popsicles - No, we're not talking the Push Pop variety; grown-up popsicles make a fun and easy to prepare ahead of time treat (hint: don't forget the booze!): Boozy Campari Citrus Pops
• Fruit Pies - Ok, this one takes some preparation to bake, but if you freeze the filling and the crust, your next step is the oven: Apple-Blackberry Pie with Ginger
Related: Stocking Up for Nice Weather: Five Dishes to Cook and Freeze Now
(Image: Faith Durand)