Do You Know What This Perforated Metal Mystery Pan Is Used For?

Good Questions

Q: My husband and I just bought our first house and in the kitchen (a very old kitchen) I found this "tool." It has an inscription on the side that says "ASTUGRID," and a series of numbers. Does anyone know what this is? 

I took some pictures of the tool next to a muffin pan, for sizing purposes, and it seems that it's a two component tool. A bottom pan and a mesh.

Sent by Rebeca

Editor: My best guess is a broiler pan! The bottom part would catch the fat as it dripped through while cooking meat.

Readers, any guesses?!

Next question?

Related: Mystery Gadget! What Is This Yellow Plastic Squeezy Thing?

(Images: Rebeca)