• Who wrote it: Kathy Casey
• Who published it: Andrews McMeel
• Number of recipes: 50
• Recipes for right now: Smoked Salmon with Sour Cream & Chives Deviled Eggs, Firecracker BBQ Pork Deviled Eggs, Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs, Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs, Old-School Onion Dip Deviled Eggs, Sunny Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Eggs
• Other highlights: It's impossible not to love a deviled egg, in my opinion. I'm totally on board with Kathy Casey in her opinion that the deviled egg is really a blank slate for many flavors: first with what can be mixed into the filling, and then what can be artfully balanced on top.
My favorite recipes are the ones where she plays with texture, like topping the egg with crunchy fennel or crushed tortilla chips. I like also like how she plays off the richness of the yolk, sometimes adding more richness with things like olive tapenade and buttery mushrooms, and other times contrasting with something light and fresh.
Some of the recipes are a little out there (I'm not totally sold on the French Toast Deviled Egg or the Pumpkin Spice Deviled Egg), but no matter what, these deviled eggs are sure to make an impression.
• Who would enjoy this book? Egg lovers, party hosts
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: D'Lish Deviled Eggs by Kathy Casey
• Visit the author's website: Kathy Casey
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)