This time last year, we were in the throes of our Quick Weeknight Meal Contest. But we still had time to enjoy pumpkin spice lattés made at home, visit a few light-filled kitchens in Sweden (virtually, of course), and ogle over a map of who owns what in the organic food industry. Read on for these and more from a year ago.
The posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Three ways to cook bacon. Which one do you use most often?
• A copy-cat recipe for making your own Nutrigrain Fruit and Nut Bars.
• What are the best foods and beverages for when you're sick?
• For perfectly cooked beans, it makes a difference whether the cover is on or off.
• Need more counter space? Try an over-the-sink cutting board.
• Quick-cooking scallops make a great weeknight meal.
• Ever had a skunked beer? Here's how it got that way.
• Filled with Light - Lovely kitchen inspiration from Sweden
• When invited to a dinner party, do you think it's rude to ask who else is coming?
• DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte - Just like Starbucks at a fraction of the cost.
• This map ofwho owns which organic brands is enough to make us dizzy.
• Ever thought about dry-aging beef at home? Here are a few tips.
• The plums are ripe and you must try this plum crumble.
• How to deal with a smelly garbage disposal.
• Ina Garten has 50 fresh ideas for making our kitchens beautiful.
Previous Lookback: $30 Kitchen Makeover and 5 Fast Grilled Suppers