According to People's Pops, a Brooklyn-based popsicle shop with a new cookbook on the market, we should engineer our pops with 20% or less total alcohol. This works out to about 1 1/2 ounces (1 shot) of alcohol in every cup of fruit juice. As a bonus, People's Pops says that this amount of alcohol gives popsicles nice, soft texture.
With this knowledge, let us go forth and create! Do you have boozy popsicles in mind for this summer?
• Get the Book: People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops from Brookyn's Coolest Pop Shop by Nathalie Jordi, David Carrell, and Joel Horowitz, $11.50 from Amazon
More Boozy Popsicle Fun
• Grownup Popsicle Recipe: Boozy Campari Citrus Pops
• Chill Out and Relax: 5 Boozy Popsicle Recipes
• Bellini, Vodka, and Chocolate-Bourbon Popsicles
• Fig Port Wine Popsicles & More: 6 Boozy Cocktail Party Pops
(Image: Liz Vidyarthi)