In the summer we love snacking on homemade dips and spreads. In fact, they can be lunch. A bowl of guacamole, some whole grain crackers, and an apple — that's a perfect June lunch. Dips and spreads are also great party food; everyone should know how to whip up a few for summer parties. Here are 15 essential dips and spreads from our archives. From basic bean dips to smoky baba ghanoush, this list has something for everyone.
15 Essential Dips and Spreads
• Fava Bean Dip with Roasted Garlic and Yogurt
• No-Guilt Bean Dip
• Mark Bittman's Rosemary-Lemon White Bean Dip
• Fresh Shell Bean and Sage Spread
• Baba Ghanoush
• Pimento Cheese
• Pink Pepper Goat Cheese Spread and Olives
• Quick Feta and Olive Spread
• Goat Cheese with Parsley and Lemon
• Asparagus Spread and Prosciutto on Buttered Toast
• Italian Sub Dip with Homemade Focaccia
• Zucchini, Mint and Yogurt Spread
Tips for Better Dips
• How Can I Make Better Fat-Free Yogurt Dips?
• Snack On The Go: Veggies Stored In Dip
• Tip: Turn Leftover Soup into a Dip
• Entertaining Tip: Easy Food Processor Dips
• Good Question: Building a Better Cheese Ball
What are your favorite (and essential!) dips and spreads for summer eating and entertaining?
Related: Kick Off Your Party: 10 Superbowl Dips and Spreads
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)