When it comes to jazzing up couscous, you can pretty much run wild. Almonds, pomegranate seeds, chorizo, saffron ... Check out these ten inspiring and fast recipes (all cook in under 30 minutes, and many in as little as ten) and let us know how you like to serve couscous.
Believe it or not, couscous was once the bane of my existence. During a time when my mother had an especially grueling job, her weeknight dinners so often included quick-cooking plain couscous that for years later I wouldn't touch it. It even became a family joke. Now, as an adult, I understand the appeal of this tiny, fluffy semolina pasta, which takes just minutes to prepare. Adding ingredients like nuts, herbs, or vegetables takes a little more time, but not much, and they add a lot more flavor and interest. Here are ten recipes that I would not only willingly, but eagerly, eat.
• 1 Couscous with Chorizo & Chickpeas, from Good Food
• 2 Sautéed Shrimp and Tomatoes with Lemon Couscous, from The Kitchn
• 3 Curried Couscous with Broccoli and Feta, from Cooking Light
• 4 Griddled Vegetables and Feta Couscous, from Delicious
• 5 Spiced Herb & Almond Couscous, from Jane Hornby
• 6 Couscous Fritters with Feta, from Good Food
• 7 Herby Couscous with Citrus & Pomegranate Dressing, from Good Food
• 8 Whole-Wheat Couscous with Almonds, from Body+Soul
• 9 Saffron-Scented Couscous with Pine Nuts, from Bon Appétit
• 10 Couscous with Spiced Zucchini, from Gourmet