Having a few quick dinner recipes in your back pocket is always a good thing. But even better are the recipes that don't use multiple bowls and pans, allowing you to cut down on prep time and dishes. This is why I love a good skillet recipe.
Some of these recipes require cooking pasta or another ingredient before adding everything to the skillet, so they're not all one-pan recipes, but there's something really satisfying about cooking and serving dinner in a skillet — and often, depending on the dish, food actually tastes better when cooked in cast iron (I love the way chicken gets nice and crisp in our skillet).
This list features something for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike, with seasonal fare like Broiled Shrimp with Fresh Tomatoes or good any-time dishes like a creamy mac and cheese. Enjoy!
Try a Skillet Dinner Recipe
1. Chicken and Kale Pizza Bake (pictured) - Savvy Mom
2. Chicken Sausage with Potatoes and Saurkraut - Eating Well
3. Italian-Style Halibut with Sage - Joy of Kosher
4. Gnocci and Chickpea Skillet Dinner - Food and Whine
5. Chicken Pad Thai - Pass the Sushi
6. Splayed Roast Chicken with Caramelized Ramps, Garlic and Capers - New York Times
7. Easy Chicken and Couscous Skillet Dinner - Kevin and Amanda
8. Three Cheese Mac and Cheese - Cook Like a Champion
9. Baked Polenta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Cremini Mushrooms, and Goat Cheese - Spoon Fork Bacon
10. Broiled Shrimp with Tomatoes and White Beans - Martha Stewart
Any favorite skillet dinners to share?
(Image: Savvy Mom)