A beautifully set table is a lesson in balance, the shaping and bringing together of both the practical and the decorative. Our tabletop and dining posts this year focused on that delicate balance, with recommendations on everything from our favorite no-fuss serving dishes to pretty polka-dot table linens, from classic carafes to gorgeous gold flatware. We also had a shopping guide to colorful dinnerware, a roundup of nautical-inspired tabletop, and a few creative ways to display all your tabletop collections!
PRODUCTS FOR THE TABLE
• 1 Setting the Table with Gold Flatware
• 2 5 Tablecloths for Holiday Entertaining
• 3 Table Trivets: 5 Unique, Minimalist Picks
• 4 10 Understated Salt and Pepper Shakers
• 5 We've Gone Dotty! A Few Modern Dot Designs For the Kitchen & Tabletop
• 6 10 Lovely and Unique Salad Platters
• 7 Cocktails Napkins: 6 to Buy, 3 to DIY
• 8 10 Wine Decanters: High and Low
• 9 A Perfect Pairing: 5 Soup and Cracker Bowls
• 10 For Entertaining: 5 Classic Salad and Serving Bowls
• 11 Sweet As Honey: Bee-Inspired Tabletop
• 12 For the Table: 5 Classic Glass Carafes
• 13 Colorful Dip-Dyed and Paint-Dipped Tableware: 10 Items to Make or Buy
• 14 Sail Away: Nautical-Inspired Tabletop
• 15 10 Sources for Colorful Dinnerware
• 16 Jars on the Table: 8 Cheap and Chic Ideas
• 17 Displaying Tabletop Collections: Teacups, Mugs, Plates, Even Pepper Grinders!
• 18 A Cheap DIY Centerpiece for Fall: Twine-Wrapped Jar Vases
• 19 Homegrown Pottery: Serve Summer's Local Food on a Local Plate!
• 20 Art of the Menu: The Underrated Creativity of Menus From Around the World
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)