Cherries may be traditional, but we'll make a clafouti out of any fruit that looks fresh and delicious! This creamy baked custard is so simple to throw together and makes a great dinner party dessert. What's even better? The leftovers make an incredible breakfast!
Straight out of the oven, clafouti is still soft, milky, and luscious. After a night in the fridge, the custard has set into something like a thick pancake - smooth and slightly chewy. Amazing.
We're looking forward to trying these recipes as both dessert and breakfast!
• Plum Clafouti from Gourmet Magazine - You macerate these plums in Armagnac before mixing them with the batter.
• Rhubarb Raspberry Clafouti from La Tartine Gourmande - Rhubarb. Awesome. We might even skip the raspberries!
• Strawberry Clafouti from NPR - A recipe from Clotilde Dusoulier from Chocolate & Zucchini!
• Cherry Clafouti from Saveur Magazine - Traditional and always good, especially as fresh cherries come into season.
• Roasted Pear and Cinnamon Clafouti from Epicurious - We love the idea of adding a dash of cinnamon to the mix.
Oh goodness, we can't wait for more fruit to come into season! What's your favorite kind of clafouti?
Related: What Are the Best Recipes to Make in a Cast Iron Skillet?
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)