[Desserts for a Crowd is our February series looking at tips, hints, and recommended recipes for beautifully and economically throwing a big party or even a wedding reception!]
Last time, we talked about
planning quantities and variety for a dessert reception or party.
The reception we recently catered began with hot hors d'oeuvres, so usually we would plan only about two dessert servings per person. But since there was no wedding cake we decided to create a variety of one-bite desserts and to plan for about six bites or small servings per person. Here's the final menu... Lemon Phyllo Cups with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
• Phyllo cups - technique forthcoming!
• Cream cheese whipped cream - technique forthcoming!
• Lemon filling
White Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Dipped Heart Cookies
• Dark chocolate cookies - recipe at Hershey's
• Sugar cookies
Mini Meringue Bites
• Recipes and techniques forthcoming - we had Kirsch, mocha, and vanilla-rum flavored meringue bites.
Deep Chocolate Bites with Whipped Cream
• Dark chocolate cupcake bites - recipe from Chocolate & Zucchini
• Whipped cream - we're going to talk soon about whipped cream and how to stabilize it for a dessert party
• Pastillage cut-out hearts