There's nothing quite like a nice, creamy bowl of soup on a cool fall afternoon. But a decadent, delicious soup doesn't always have to be made with cream; sometimes certain soup recipes are so good that they fake it.
With the holidays on the horizon, we think lightening up on the soup front isn't such a bad idea, so we gathered a few of our favorite recipes from the past (and not-so-past) that taste sinfully creamy, but aren't. From a half-pureed lentil soup to a spicy sweet potato, there's inspiration here to last throughout the season.
Try a Recipe:
• Curried Lentil Soup (pictured) - A Sweet Spoonful
• Roasted Tomato and Thyme Soup - The Sophisticated Gourmet
• Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeno Bisque - Everybody Likes Sandwiches
• Cauliflower Soup - The Wednesday Chef
• Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup - Joy the Baker
• Potato Leek Soup - Simply Recipes
• Carrot Soup - 101 Cookbooks
• Curried Pumpkin Soup - Epicurious
• Early Fall Soup of Zucchini and Broccoli - Seven Spoons
• "Creamy" Onion Soup - Kayotic Kitchen
Related: 10 Simple Soups for the Beginning of Fall
(Image: Megan Gordon)