Day 7: Tuesday, October 8
Assignment: Special project
This is where it gets really fun: it's Special Project time! Your special project is about improving the functionality of your space, with a slight eye toward the aesthetic. I've seen people repaint their kitchens, strip wallpaper, replace faucets, and create new systems for storing knives or compost. Some Special Projects take an hour or two, some take longer — have you ever painted a small room and thought you could finish in one evening?! — so just get started today, don't stay up all night.
Today's Assignment (estimated time: 30 minutes - several hours)
1. Make a final decision on your special project. If you don't have an idea yet, check out our Projects page - it has years' worth of posts about projects around the kitchen. Here are some of my favorites and projects I think are worthy of the "special" status.
2. Tackle that special project with gusto. If it takes just a few minutes, consider doing more than one. This is about making a lasting investment in your space. If it looks like it will take more time than you have tonight—maybe you need to gather supplies, or let coats of paint dry between applications—plan a day when you can catch up.
3. Show off your Special Project on your social media accounts. Inspire us all with your handiness and creativity. Of course, tag your work with #kitchncure.
The Kitchn Cure Liveblogs
Follow the progress of The Kitchn Cure in real live kitchens in our liveblogs:
Join The Kitchn Cure!
SHARE YOUR PROGRESS
- Questions? Comments? Pictures? Email us at email@example.com
- Follow and show your progress on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter! Use this hashtag: The Kitchn Cure: #kitchncure
(Images: 1. Faith Durand, 2. Adrienne Breaux)