We spent a chilly morning at the Dane County Farmers' Market in Madison, Wis., this past Saturday and despite a few early snow flurries, harvest season was still in full swing.
As we mentioned yesterday, the Dane County Farmers' Market is the largest producer-only market in the country. Its stalls are stocked with produce, meat, cheese and baked goods from local farmers and producers, including offerings from local Amish and Hmong communities.
• 6 The farmers' market surrounds the Wisconsin state capital on all sides.
• 7 Mixed roasting potatoes – 10 varieties.
• 8 Gourds of every shape.
• 9 Freshly harvested beets.
• 10 Buckets of sunflowers.
• 11 Sorghum seeds for the birds.
• 12 Cabbage flowers.
• 13 Popcorn on the cob. Microwave in a paper bag and eat, or feed to the birds.
• 14 Garlic in many varieties.
• 15 Tiny, tangy sea berries.
Related: Store Review: Fromagination
(Images: Joanna Miller)