Click thumbnails to go to post
Jam, jelly, and preserves can have such a diversity of flavors and interesting ingredients (what's your favorite kind?) - they are endlessly fascinating to us. Last year we did a series on some of our favorite jams, jellies, preserves, and pickles from around the blogosphere. Here they are again - just in case you missed it the first time. Sexy marmalade, hot pink cauliflower, tomato confit, and good plain applesauce below. Daily Preserves
• Sexiest bitter orange marmalade from Fanny of Foodbeam in the south of France. You can practically see the sunshine in this marmalade, made with oranges from her backyard.
• Cookie Magazine's pumpkin butter - Sweet and nutritious. Good with their Flaxseed, Fig, and Walnut Crackers.
• David Lebovitz's Beer Can Jam - Shallots, prunes, cacao nibs...and beer? Strangely enough, it all works.
• Homemade pickles from Martha Stewart. A good basic recipe.
• Oven-dried tomato confit - Savory summer in a jar. From Chez Pim.
• Apple pectin jelly - Pectin to make the rest of your jams jell.
• How to can 1,000 tomatoes - You'll need a few more jars.
• Ann's pickled cauliflower and purple cabbage - Pink and purple!
• Are you a city pickler? Pickling in the city means going to some extreme lengths. Are you one of those people lugging vinegar around in a tiny kitchen?
• Applesauce - An extra sweet applesauce recipe - good for dessert.
• Jalapeno jelly from Elise at Simply Recipes. We love the hot and sweet combo.
Do you have a favorite recipe for jam, jelly, pickles, or preserves?