Crisp, chewy flatbread is a welcome start to any party, and tastes great with whatever toppings you have on hand. Pizza works just as well, cut into bite-sized pieces and served warm from the oven. Whatever you call it, these 15 recipes and techniques for making crackly-crusted dough, with or without toppings, are easy crowd-pleasers.
For the quickest party prep, use store-bought pizza dough or puff pastry, or freeze your own rounds of homemade pizza dough for future use. From there, the possibilities are endless: cheese, vegetables, caramelized onions or leeks, meats and even beans make tasty toppings. Just remember to avoid loading on too much — no one likes a soggy, heavy appetizer.
If you're feeling minimalistic, even an unadorned round of freshly-made pita bread or a wedge of gluten-free chickpea pancake starts the party off right.
• Sweet Potato, Ricotta & Arugula Flatbread
• Eggplant & Spicy Hummus Flatbread
• Flatbreads with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions & Basil
• Leek, Ricotta & Lemon Flatbread
• Three Cheese Tomato Tart
• Sausage Pizza Topped with Crispy Kale
• Spinach, White Bean & Taleggio Pizza
• Stovetop/Broiler Pizza with Asparagus, Shiitake & Fresh Mozzarella
• No-Knead Fennel & Anchovy Pizza
• Grilled Potato, Gorgonzola & Prosciutto Pizza
Do you have any party-pleasing flatbread or pizza recipes?
Related: Want Awesome Pizza? Turn Up The Oven
(Images: See linked posts)