We're excited about this week's Cure assignment
- finishing stocking up the pantry and plan a menu with all those delicious vegetables quietly showing up in the markets! So many of these vegetables need little more than a quick stir-fry; snow peas, asparagus, tender greens - just sauté, season, and serve. Delicious!
We're tempted to go vegetarian this time of year and through the summer, but the craving for meat still hits, and we're wondering if it's warm enough yet to pull out the grill. What do you think? If you're ready to break out the grill, check out this menu for some inspiration.
Summer-Come-Quick Menu: Grilled Pork and Fresh Slaw with Pie
• Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Herbed Cornmeal Rub
• Kohlrabi Slaw>
• Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie
Also, don't forget about the grilled pizza Sara Kate wrote about in last week's email.
If you're not quite up to grilling yet, here's an indoor dish with plenty of fresh flavors, and a few good recipes to go along.
Spring Flavor: Chicken, Shallots, and Over-Wintered Apples and Broccoli
• Chicken with Shallot-Apricot Sauce
• Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad>
• Rustic Pear and Apple Galette>
Any more ideas on a good spring menu? Go discuss them in the Cure assignment thread!