Cupcakes are unexpectedly polarizing. Some love them to pieces. Others are ready for them to quietly go away and leave something else (say, pie) in their exalted place of popular appeal. But when professional bakers give us very good reasons why cupcakes are here to stay, we listen. A cupcake is, after all, a fairly irresistible piece of confectionery, with its tender interior and creamy dollop of icing. A cupcake is wonderful party food, and we've looked at them quite a lot, here at The Kitchn. Here's a look back at some of our favorite recipes, icing tips, and other ideas. There are maple cupcakes, gluten-free chocolate cupcakes, and angel food cupcakes. Read on, and share your own favorite cupcake recipe too!
Recipes & Recipe Reviews
• Airy Angel Food Cupcakes with Naturally Pink Icing
• Chocolate Chip Cookie-Stuffed Yellow Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
• Chocolate Cupcakes (Vegan! Gluten-Free!) and Coconut Icing
• Vegan Chocolate Ginger Orange Cupcakes
• Maple Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
• Gingerbread Cookie Icebox Cupcakes
• Red Velvet Cupcakes from Simply Recipes
• Lemon Cream Pie Cupcakes
• Chocolate and Vanilla: Two New Favorite Cupcake Recipes
What are your favorite cupcake recipes — and icing recipes too?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)