What is it about a holiday party that begs for a big, beautiful bowl of punch in the middle of the festivities? From sparkling blood orange punch to a Guinness-and-rum concoction inspired by warm gingerbread, these 10 punch recipes will keep you merry and bright throughout the holiday season.FROM THE KITCHN
• 1 Wassail Punch: A warm mug of spiced apple cider spiked with whiskey is just the thing for a chilly winter gathering.
• 2 Mardi Gras Milk Punch: A not-too-boozy, not-too-sweet bourbon punch perfect for a holiday brunch.
• 3 Easy Mulled Wine: An easy, flexible recipe for a wintertime crowd-pleaser.
FROM AROUND THE WEB
• 4 Spiced Persimmon Punch at Gilt Taste: Persimmons, allspice and star anise steeped in brandy make the base for this unusual punch.
• 5 Blood-Orange Punch at Martha Stewart: Blood orange juice gives this rum punch a gorgeous crimson color.
• 6 The Long Hello at Bon Appetit: Apple brandy, St-Germaine, Champagne and bitters make a simple but luxurious punch.
• 7 Tenant's Harbor Punch at Fine Cooking: This intriguing punch combines off-dry white wine with caraway-flavored aquavit.
• 8 Mother's Ruin Punch at Food & Wine: A gin and grapefruit punch named after the old British slang for gin.
• 9 Fish House Punch at Gourmet: Party like a Founding Father! This potent punch is said to have been concocted in 1732 at a Philadelphia gentlemen's society called The Fish House.
• 10 Hot Gingerbread Punch at Bon Appetit: Guinness stout, dark rum, fresh ginger and lots of warm spices mimic the flavor of a favorite holiday treat.
Do you have a favorite holiday punch recipe?
Related: How to Make the Best Punch Bowl Ice
(Images: Nealey Dozier; Gilt Taste; Martha Stewart; Bon Appetit)