Just as with salads, I try to have a variety of toppings on-hand so I can mix and match every morning and not get bored. Also like salads, I keep it simple with just a few ingredients each day.
1. Fruit - A crisp apple cut into small chunks or a single banana is my standard, but I like to change it up when fruit is in season at the farmer's market.
2. Granola - Classic with yogurt and with good reason! Granola adds crunch and texture to yogurt. I've been obsessed with this Olive Oil Granola lately.
3. Cereal - When I'm out of granola, I'll steal some of my husband's cereal. (Cheerios are my favorite!)
4. Graham Crackers - Crumbled on top, this is another crunchy add-in.
5. Toasted Nuts and Seeds - I keep a container of toasted mixed nuts in my fridge for both my breakfasts and my salads. Seeds like flax and sunflower seeds are great, too.
6. Honey - My sweetener of choice. I treat myself with good local honey. The flavor is so good that a little goes a long way!
7. Maple Syrup - Less sweet than honey and a good pairing with granola or toasted nuts.
8. Jam - Different flavors of jam add great variety, especially in the winter when the fresh fruit isn't as good.
9. Peanut Butter - This never mixes in completely, and I love getting a little of it in my spoonful every few bites!
10. Cinnamon - A little sprinkle over the top of everything adds a nice spicy-sweet note to every bite.
What do you put in your yogurt?