Are biscotti a dessert...or an afternoon snack? We've never been able to decide, so we just have them for both! Biscotti can be anything you want them to be - healthy with dried fruit, sweet with a chocolate chunks, or even caffeinated with a little espresso powder
. Here are a few recipes that have tempted us recently!1. Pistachio, Raspberry, and White Chocolate Biscotti from Epicurious
- This is one of our favorite combinations of ingredients and flavors.
2. Ginger Crunch Green Tea Biscotti from Leite's Culinaria - Doesn't this sound intriguing - and completely delicious?!
3. Fig and Walnut Biscotti from Martha Stewart - We like the idea of chewy bits of fig in each bite of crunchy cookie.
4. Meyer Lemon Rosemary Biscotti from Butter Flour Eggs - A little bit sweet and a little bit savory!
5. Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti from Smitten Kitchen - It would be hard to pass this one off as anything other than a cookie...but we'll try.
It's also extremely easy to make your own biscotti with whatever ingredients and flavors appeal to you. Try to keep the liquid-to-flour ratio the same by using things like cocoa powder and citrus zest to add flavor. Solid ingredients like dried fruits, nuts, and candy can be added in handfuls! Here's a good, basic recipe to use as a template:
• Almond Biscotti: A Classic Recipe from Stitch and Boots
What's your favorite kind of biscotti?
Related: Foods for Dunking: Best Food and Beverage Combos
(Images: Pornchai Mittongtare/Bon Appétit and Martha Stewart)