Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Cree & Joby
- Albuquerque, NM
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen energizes us after long days at work, inspiring us to go the extra mile when we prepare dinner even when we feel like dialing it in. It's got natural light galore, great color and serious funk appeal from being part of a historic bungalow built in 1939.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- When we moved in last month there were long curtains covering the windows. When we took them down we understood why: the view is of an abandoned house. The room felt so much bigger without window coverings, we had to make it work. We embraced the saplings sprouting up, snuck a bamboo fence behind them and planted morning glories, sunflowers, and amaranth. We needed counter space so bad we sacrificed storage in the pantry to have one shelf that acts as a counter too. We also painted over an odd pastel pea color and water stains in the pantry (yay Kilz!). Sadly, while we were moving in we left some kitchen boxes in the garage. The landlord warned us the roof leaked, but we didn't realize that in one of our rare desert downpours the garage would flood. We lost a lot, (favorite cookbooks and decor) but the positive side is there's less to find room for!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Joby makes amazing crock pot stews, and I bake savory muffins to go with them!
See all entries