In most parts of the country, soup weather has arrived. I roasted a butternut squash along with apples and onions and we had some friends over for soup and bread last weekend. It was an easy dinner, really, but it was the first time I felt like fall was really here. And so it is so often with soup, the simplest of meals.
While we all have our favorite recipes and traditions, I like to choose a new recipe to try each fall that's different than anything I've done before. Roasted Parsnip? Sure. Celery Root with Granny Smith Apples? Why not? So many fall soups tend towards the pureed, creamy side of things but there's a whole world of nutty, chunky soups that beg for attention as well. So here are a few favorites that, I hope, will get you in the spirit as well.
Try a Recipe:
• Gingered Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup (pictured) - A Sweet Spoonful
• Classic Butternut Squash Soup - Whole Foods Market
• Creamy Tomato Soup - Epicurious
• Nutty Sweet Potato Soup - The Food Network
• Easy Creamy Mushroom Soup - Babble
• Minestrone - Jamie Oliver
• Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup - Martha Stewart
• Creamy Parsnip Soup with Prosciutto - Food and Wine
• Spicy Pumpkin Soup - Simple Recipes
• Celery Root Soup with Granny Smith Apples - Smith Bites