We can get a little nutty when coconut is anywhere on the menu. It’s one of those ingredients that pops up again and again across all the various Asian cuisines (not to mention many others around the world!), and we love it in whatever form it takes. Just take a look at these recipes and tell us if you don’t agree.
Coconut for Dinner:
1. Spicy Prawn and Coconut Salad from Jamie Oliver - Ever worked with fresh coconut before?
2. Coconut Red Lentil Soup from 101 Cookbooks - It never occurred to us to add coconut milk to our favorite dal recipe!
3. Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce from Simply Recipes - We already love chicken in coconut milk, and can’t wait to try this recipe.
4. Soup with Fish, Coconut Milk, and Bamboo Shoots from Saveur - A Cambodian version of fish chowder? We’ll take it.
5. Goan Shrimp in Roasted Coconut Sauce from Gourmet - This south Indian dish has a medley of spices tempered by roasted coconut.
Coconut for Dessert:
6. Thai Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Cayenne-Spiced Mango from Bon Appétit - A clever twist on mango sticky rice.
7. Coconut Macadamia Short Bread from Martha Stewart - Coconut and macadamia are a match made in heaven.
8. Glazed Rice Glutinous Cakes from Indo-Chine Kitchen - Coconut-coated street food to make at home.
9. Brown Sugar and Coconut Bubble Tea from Chocolate and Tea - Oh, this sounds too good to be true.
10. Coconut and Lychee Sorbet from Epicurious - Sweet and refreshing.
How do you use coconut in your cooking?
Related: What's the Difference? Coconut Milk vs. Cream
(Images: JamieOliver.com and Mark Thomas/Bon Appétit)