How much do we love the sharp, zesty flavor of arugula? Answer: a whole lot! Arugula is really one of our favorite greens to come out of the early warm months. It seems to add just the right touch of fresh summer flavor to whatever we happen to be making, whether it's salad or pizza or pesto!
1. Arugula with Orzo and Garden Tomatoes - Very simple no-cook pasta for a warm summer evening.
2. Potato Salad with Yogurt, Arugula, and Dill - We just made this for dinner again last night. So good!
3. Cream Cheese and Arugula Toast Bites - Perfect for an afternoon snack or a simple dinner party appetizer.
4. Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine - Quickly sautéed over high heat, arugula takes on new character.
5. Wilted Arugula and Pear Salad - Bold flavors make a very satisfying salad.
6. Strawberry-Arugula Salad with Lemon Ricotta - Spicy arugula pairs amazingly well with sweet summer fruits.
7. Arugula Vichyssoise - Arugula adds another layer of flavor to this classic chilled soup.
8. Comte, Olive, and Arugula Grilled Cheese - This would be heavenly for those random chilly nights.
9. Spring Greens Pesto - A spin on traditional pesto!
Related: Seeking Inspiration: How to Make Salads Interesting?
(Images: See links to respective recipes for full image credits)