1. Love and Lemons: Jeanine and Jack are behind this beautiful blog that manages to chronicle crave-worthy salads practically every week. From a recent Edamame and Corn Succotash to a Grilled Panzanella with Poached Egg, there is something for everyone and every kind of day or mood. With lovely photos to boot.
2. My New Roots: This blog is the real deal for folks searching for solid nutritional information on whole foods, grains, and the nutritional impact of their diet. Created by Sarah Britton, a holistic nutritionist, this blog not only features wonderful recipes (Caramelized Fennel and Goat Cheese Flatbread, anyone?) but insightful and educational information about nutrition and the benefits of different foods. Check it out.
3. Naturally Ella: Erin Alderson's blog has a tagline: Live Natural, Be Healthy, Eat Delicious. And so it is. After years of living on fast food and watching a family health crisis, Erin decided to change her diet to involve more whole foods and grains. Her site chronicles some of her recipes beautifully, with salads such as Summer Farro Salad or this Warm Mustard Potato Salad (mayo-free!). Hint: check out her section, Bulk Bins, for great information on whole grain cooking.
4. Sprouted Kitchen: If you're not already familiar with Sprouted Kitchen, you're in for a treat. Delightful food and photo duo Sara and Hugh Forte are the force behind this stunning blog (and soon-to-be book!) focusing on whole foods and approachable vegetarian fare. While you'll find a very balanced approach to cooking (with a fair share of treats, for sure), I'm always inspired by Sara's salads. She'll take you from a simple and more traditional Simple Tomato Burrata Salad to an innovative Beet Green Chopped Salad without a blink of an eye.
5. Good Things Grow: Jacqui's mission with her beautiful blog is to create a space for "whole food recipes and the experiences that come with living simply." She and husband Scott own a graphic design company in the Pacific Northwest and in their free time, make delicious salads (and other dishes, of course). A recent Arugula, Wild Rice and Apricot Salad is on our immediate radar.
What are your favorite food blogs for summer salads?
(Image: Naturally Ella)