These are some of our favorite ways for using ponzu:
1. To Finish a Dish - A few shakes of ponzu in the last few minutes of cooking will punch up the flavors in a stew or a stir-fry sauce.
2. In a Marinade - We love the slight citrus note the ponzu sauce adds to a marinade for flank steak or pork. We haven’t tried it yet, but we’re curious to try making ponzu ceviche this summer!
3. In Salad Dressing - A ponzu-based vinaigrette goes particularly well with salads of hearty greens, like raw kale and radicchio salads.
4. As a Dipping Sauce - Ponzu makes a great variation on our standard dipping sauce for steamed dumplings.
5. In Meatloaf, Meatballs, and Veggie Burgers - Much like Worcestershire sauce, ponzu adds that je ne sais quoi savory note to these kinds of dishes.
Recipes with Ponzu:
• Chilled Soba with Tofu, Sugar Snap Peas, and Ponzu from Gourmet
• Ponzu Beef and Chicken Fajitas from Tasty Kitchen
• Pistachio-Crusted Tofu with Ponzu Sauce from Bon Appétit
• Seared Scallop Salad with Ponzu Sauce from Saveur
• Homemade Ponzu Sauce from Mark Bittman - Diner’s Journal
How do you use ponzu in your cooking?
Related: Recipe: Vegan Fish Sauce