It's not that we're afraid of frying or even that we're hoping to avoid the extra calories. It's just that sometimes we want a bit of that lovely crunch without going to all the trouble of deep-fat frying. Any good oven-fried chicken techniques or recipes to recommend?
We found a few promising recipes around the internet (see below). The ones that sound the most appealing use cornflakes to get that signature crunchy crust. We also like the idea of marinating the chicken pieces in buttermilk before coating and baking them.
Here are the recipes we're most curious to try:
• Crunchy Oven-Baked Chicken Nuggets from Foodie Mama
• Picnic Oven-Fried Chicken from Eating Well
• Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken from Everyday Health
• Crunchy Oven-Baked Chicken Toes from Rachael Ray via the Food Network
• Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken from Epicurious
Any tips from oven-"frying" pros?
Related: Diet Conscious: How Do You Keep Daily Meals Healthy?
(Image: Flickr member The Bitten Word licensed under Creative Commons)