So, we've given you quite a few ideas for homemade gifts from the kitchen (40, to be precise!) and now you're thinking about pretty, crafty, homemade ways to wrap up those gifts. We asked our Twitter and Facebook friends to give us some ideas, and here are some of their suggestions. Add your own, too! WRAPPING IDEAS FROM OUR FRIENDS
• 1 Black Boxes with Japanese Paper - Leah on Facebook pointed these out to us. They are lovely! (And hey, if you don't get around to actually making something, those pecan clusters look pretty darn good.) From Elaine Hsieh Chocolatier.
• 2 Pretty Labels for Jars - Here is a fabulous tutorial on making jar labels from scratch yourself. Very detailed and helpful!
• 4 Old Calendar Pages - Yasmin on Twitter sent us this great idea: Wrap boxes and other gifts in old calendar pages.
• 5 Buttons, Papers, Kitchen Spoons - Great ideas for gift toppers from the latest edition of Sweet Paul.
• 6 Cupcake-Paper Carnations - More gift toppers from sagenstyle on Twitter, who told us about these cupcake poofs from Martha Stewart. Cute and sweet!
• 7 Pimped-Out Preserves - Too many ideas here to list, but blog Well Preserved is hosting a "Pimp That Preserve" contest! If you have jars of preserves to decorate, check this out!
PAST IDEAS FROM THE KITCHN
• 8 Wrap Your Gifts in a Dishtowel, Furoshiki-Style - We just love this classy, practical way to wrap a gift. It's no-waste, too; use a pretty dishtowel, like one of these from Studio Patró and they'll put it to good use.
• 9 Wrap Food Gifts in Paper Bags - Brown paper sacks are cheap, easy to find, and biodegradable. I love giving gifts of candy and goodies in little treat sacks like this one.
• 10 Twine and Farfalle - Regina just posted this idea from Real Simple today, and we love it!! How simple and cute.
WRAPPING CANDY & GOODIES
Also, a couple tips for wrapping individual pieces of candy:
OK, your turn. We'd love to see your own ideas for wrapping homemade and edible gifts in crafty, low-budget, and creative ways. Inspire us!
• Still need edible gift ideas? Check out this post! Yummy Presents: 40 Homemade Gifts from The Kitchn
(Images: Elaine Hsieh Chocolatier; Local Kitchen; Martha Stewart; Yasmin via Twitter; Frances Janisch for Sweet Paul; Martha Stewart; Well Preserved; Dana Velden; Faith Durand; Real Simple)