We have more spring thunderstorms in our forecast, and after making our Rainy Day Rigatoni, we've been meditating on more meals that would be good for gray and drizzly weather. The comfort factor is big, of course. As is flexibility, since we'd like to avoid a trip to the store in the rain. What do you suggest?
• Spaghetti with Marscarpone, Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts - Pasta is always comforting to us, and we love the idea of adding bright lemon flavors on a dreary day.
• A Pot of Chili - When the rain brings a drop in temperature, this is what we crave. We thaw some meat, open a few cans of beans, and let this simmer on the stove until dinner.
• Bún Chay - Vietnamese Noodle Salad - Conversely, when a rainy day just feels hotter and stickier, we love making this simple noodle salad. The clean flavors and fresh ingredients hit the spot.
• Creamy Eggs on Toast - Sometimes simple is best. These slow-cooked eggs would be even better with some avocado and a slice of prosciutto.
• Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds, and Goat Cheese - Good warm or straight from the fridge. This is one of our favorite versions, but any combination of grains, greens, and any extras we have lying around works for us!
What are your favorite rainy day meals?
Related: Weekend Meditation: The Pleasures of a Rainy Day Spent Indoors
(Image: Flickr member laffy4k licensed under Creative Commons, see linked posts for full image credits)